GENERAL RULES - USE AND MAINTENANCE
Use a no. 3 compass spanner to unscrew the bowl.
• Fit the lubricator as close as possible
to the point of use
• Fill the bowl with oil before pressurizing
• Do not use cleaning oil, brake fluid or solvents
• For correct lubrication, set the drip rate
to approximately 1 drop every 300-600 Nl
via the adjusting screw.
• Recommended lubricants:
ISO and UNI FD22
E.g. Energol HLP 22 (BP) – Spinesso 22 (Esso)
- Mobil DTE 22 (Mobil) – Tellus Oil 22 (Shell).
FILLING THE BOWL WITH OIL
ΔP = (Pm-Pv)
psi kPa bar
• Flow tests carried out at the Department of Mechanics, Turin Polytechnic,
using the computerized test bench following CETOP RP50R recommendations
(ISO DIS 6358-2-approved) with ISO 5167 diaphragm gauge.
(A) = 2 bar - 0.2 MPa - 29 psi
(B) = 4 bar - 0.4 MPa - 58 psi
(C) = 6 bar - 0.6 MPa - 87 psi
(D) = 8 bar - 0.8 MPa - 116 psi
(E) = 10 bar - 1 MPa - 145 psi
psi MPa bar
MINIMUM OPERATION FLOW CHARTS
Minimum flow tests were performed in compliance
with ISO/DP 6301/2.